Count Up Timer 2.0

Monday, April 26, 2010

New Site

So, we've been working for the last few days on the new website. The whole thing is more involved for the average clown (meaning me, of course, not Mistress) than the common knowledge gives it credit for.

Nothing is especially difficult, or even complicated. But it does have to be done just so. From figuring out who is going to host the domain, to whether or not it's a ".com" or ".us" or ".net" site, to how to make the banner ads center.

A lot of my time personally has been spent thusly:
  1. "So I saw this, on a lot of sites. I know what I want it to look like..."
  2. *clicking and typing a while*
  3. "Dammit, that's not it."
  4. *clicking and typing some more*
  5. "Dammit!"
  6. *consulting the almighty Google*
  7. *clicking and typing*
  8. "Well, that's closer..."
  9. "Why the hell isn't it showing up when I browse to it!"
  10. "Oh yeah!" *publishes changes*
  11. "...that looks nothing like the preview."
  12. *clicking and typing*
And eventually I get it close enough I can stop agonizing over things. It may not as sharp as a professionally done site...but...we're not professionals ;-) So I think that's fair.

Just so long as it doesn't look like a couple of clowns got loose on it. Then I'll be happy :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment